Thursday 9 January 2014

Wednesday: Colours... Green

Evening, hmm now green is another hard one for me as there aren't too many green cakes and even when there are green cakes they never look too appetising. So while being stuck for an idea I was chatting to mum about how my Gran's 67 year old weighing scales that we had refurbished a few years back were in full use today. 

Since they were refurbished they weren't as accurate as they used to be when they were yellowed and covered in years of flour dust so they ended up in a cupboard and put away. I discovered them again while I was cleaning out my kitchen as I was just starting up about 4 months ago and have been using them as a 'shabby-chic' cake display. So while at Paul Market the scales of a fellow stall holder broke and mine where the only things that resembled a pair of scales. Low and behold they're green.... long rambling story over x







4 comments: