Thursday 9 January 2014

Thursday: Colours... White

White right.... umm ohkay here's quite a few...

White royal icing in my beautiful mixer at christmas...



Not exactly white but here's one of my favourite cakes I've made recently. Its just a simple jam and buttercream sponge but by adding the buttercream all around the cake and some marzipan butterflys you get a beautiful birthday cake.




And finally not baking related but I couldn't resist, a tiny little elephant candle from my partner's parents for christmas. A little set of 10, so cute!



6 comments:

  1. Yep very cute ..and you knoq, I always wanted to try a proper mixer .. We must play one day hun x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations - your egg white snow are great!
    I never achieve such a result! What is the secret?
    The tiny little elephant candle is amazing!
    The cake looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um I use botteled egg whites, you van bye them from supermarkets and the fact that they're pasrurised means the protie works differently... And I put glycerin in the icing to stop it going too hard, thanks xx

      Delete
  3. Great pictures. The little elephant is cute!

    ReplyDelete