Monday 6 January 2014

Monday: Colours... Red hmmm

Well I didn't keep up last week but I'm back at work now, thats a mix of babysitting my crazy and lovely nieces, data inputting for Mum and Dad and my favorite... baking!

As soon as I heard todays word I knew exactly what Photo I was going to use... Red Velvet Cupcakes of course!



These aren't my personal favorite but they are a favorite of my best friend and her partner so I've perfected the recipe over the last few years. Made using a mix of white wine vinegar and bicarbonate of soda this is where the 'red' colour originated from however a bit of modern food colouring brings them to life. And you can't have these without cool vanilla cream cheese to top.
You can't deny the colour is striking!

8 comments:

  1. Most excellent cupcakes.. though the idea of vinegar sounds strange xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo they look gorgeous Jordan, well done you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo Jordan!
    / One for me, please! Smile!/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting recipe Jordan! and icing sounds scrummy too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They certainly look striking

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks yummy! My recipe calls for coffee.

    ReplyDelete