Tuesday 7 January 2014

Tuesday: Colours.... Blue

I found todays word a bit harder as there aren't too any blue cakes that I've made or know of so flicking through my folder of cake related photos with a niece on wither knee I found two.

The first being a cake that me and mum came up with a few years ago as a birthday cake, my big brother, sister and now her daughter all have their birthday in the same week in July so we needed a summer themed cake. I normally make a few layers then fill them with strawberries but this particular cake was to be taken to Mounts Bay School as a cake for the staff. Covered in blueberries and Cornish blackberries I thought it was fitting for todays photo.

The second photo my eldest niece insisted that I post today as it was her 5th birthday cake from last year, I mean what five year old doesn't want an R2D2 birthday cake?


6 comments:

  1. True..hard call blue for a baker.. X. .hut you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they both look lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your Cornish cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cakes look VERY eatable

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cake with the berries looks wonderful. I would love to have a piece of that. The R2D2 cake is cute!

    ReplyDelete