Monday 3 March 2014

February Week 2... Shapes...Circles..

I was actually really looking forward to this week but I missed it in a flury of activity so now here's a slightly rushed post to try keep up.

So I've picked the easiest shape for a baker... a circle.

I'm going to start with a cake I made last week for one of my parents work collegues who wanted one of my mum's chocolate fudge cakes and he added 'with just more chocolate.'

So here's the finished cake, four layers of dark chocolate fudge cake with a creams chocolate frosting and handmade chocolate shards covering the sides.


And next we have todays new experiment.. welsh cakes. I've decided these are a hybrid of a cornish scone and an american pancake. Making these with my 3 year old niece was a laugh and they seemed to go down well. I guess these will be on the market list from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment