Monday 3 March 2014

February Missed weeks... My New Hobart Mixer

So I've missed a few weeks I know! I honestly dont know what happened I've been busy thats all I can say.

I'm going to catch up with my weekly posts hopefully tonight but for the time being here's what me and my amazing dad produced last night for the bakery...


This is an almost 80 year old Hobart mixer, Hobart are world renound in the baking world for being the best and most reliable mixer out there. Thay're also known for also supplying spare parts no matter how old a mixer is, can you see my attraction??

When I started out I brought a little mixer similar to a Kitchen Aid to mix my dough for me as it's painfull to make more than 3 loaves of bread by hand. This little mixer has been making funny noises for a few weeks now and with the increase in demand a new mixer was in the pipelines. I found this one for a bargin due to all the work that was needed.

So here's how we did it...



We started by scratching any old stickers off and giving a thorough de-grease. I'm pretty sure this had never been done by the amount layered onto the front of the mixer.



Next we have a sand down with a wire wheel.



Then more sanding down to get ride of any marks with wet and dry sand paper.

A quick clean then we moved on to masking up any pieces that we couldn't take off and a thin layer of primer. In for dinner to let the primer dry..

Now we have the fun part, the first layer of paint. What do you think of the colour?

Second Layer..

Our third and final layer, just fixing the ID plate back on.


And that's that. Easier and quicker than I thought and it looks almost brand new.



6 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a brilliant transformation. Your mixer looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow very impressive

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic piece of blogging Jordan...and yes we have missed you so come back and join in, you never know your blog might become a book one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant transformation! BRAVO for your dad!
    Good luck to you with this NEW Hobart mixer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is a great transformation, well done!

    ReplyDelete